Thursday, March 14, 2013

Busy Week


Hello readers

I had a very busy week !! From one social event to the next, and there were some I had to miss! There were 2 birthdays, 2 exhibits, and the rest dinners.

As I mentioned in my I AM BACK post, I am blogging to try to organize my life and get it back on track. So I thought I would use the moleskin pocket book to compose a list of all the things I should do and oh how long the list was. You see I was reading a book about a OCD person and how she wouldn't   leave the house with out first compiling a list of all the things she should do! So i decided to try to become more organized.

My sister found out about my blog. Well I guess now she will know about all the things I would like to put out to the world !! I don't really care about statistics really, for example how many people read my blog or how many people like my photos on instagram. I only really care of spilling out all the things that are in my mind and what better way then using a medium such as blogger and instagram.

Enough about that and lets get to the new delicious dish I was introduced to in a dinner I went to. Its a dish made out of quinoa. Quinoa as I posted in my instagram is a whole grain that is protein. It is very healthy since it is gluten free and cholesterol free. Well the quinoa I was introduced too was mixed with some vegetables but you can cook it by itself only add a bit of olive oil, sea salt and lemon juice.  The other great thing about it is that it takes only 10 to 15 mins to cook.  


6a00e55131e99d88330168eb23598e970c-pi.jpg


"Quinoa Salad with Oven-Roasted Corn and Tomatoes
1 cup uncooked quinoa
1 ½ cups fresh corn kernels (about 3 ears)
2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
½ cup crumbled queso fresco cheese
¼ cup chopped fresh basil
1. Prepare quinoa according to package directions. Cool to room temperature.
2. Preheat oven to 375°.
3. Combine corn and 1 tablespoon oil in a medium bowl; toss to coat. Spread corn in a single layer on a jelly-roll pan coated with cooking spray. Roast corn at 375° for 20 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool slightly.
4. Combine juice, remaining 1 tablespoon oil, salt, and pepper in a large bowl; stir with a whisk. Add corn, quinoa, and tomatoes to bowl; toss to coat. Add cheese and basil; toss gently.
SERVES 8"
via:http://simmerandboil.cookinglight.com/2012/05/05/salad-saturday/
imgres.jpg
The next thing I learned this week is that shopping for 38 minutes burns 100 calories !! I know great no need to go to the gym why not go shopping.


imgres.jpg
I watched Silver Linings Playbook! I must say I loved it. I would recommend it to everyone. One of the things that I liked was when the main character Pat said " The world will break your heart ten ways to Sunday. That's guaranteed. I can't begin to explain that. Or the craziness inside myself and everyone else. But guess what? Sunday's my favorite day again. I think of what everyone did for me, and I feel like a very lucky guy." It reminded me of always being thankful for what I have even if bad things happen. It reminded me to count my blessings which a lot of us forget to do.
OUT 

0 comments:

Post a Comment